Job Title Lifeguard
Rare Finds is a diverse collection of resorts celebrating the individuality and unique identity of a destination, with a distinct ability to captivate the imagination, and bring to the forefront the essence of a place.
Authentic and captivating, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort is a truly magical destination, where expertly curated itineraries and bespoke entertainment are the beating heart of our legendary desert-based destination. Part of our unique Rare Finds collection, the essence of Bab Al Shams joins our guests together to discover the most soulful experiences and humbling journeys, set against Dubai’s endless dunes and rich culture.
About The Role
· The pool lifeguard is responsible for the safety of each person using the swimming pools. The lifeguard is responsible for actively scanning the pool to ensure that each patron using the pool is safe and to be able to quickly identify when a swimmer is in distress and to respond accordingly when a distress swimmer needs help.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
· Understands the company’s objectives and standards, values and culture of the company applying them on the job daily.
· Achieves the customers’ expectations and performance targets of the department.
· Ensures Security awareness and safe keeping of all valuables trusted in your care (e.g. company’s equipment).
· Attends to all guests at swimming facilities efficiently using a professional and cheerful manner at all times.
· Be proactive while guarding and anticipate potential incidents before they happen.
· Processes any requests, and give accurate information.
· Maintains all lifesaving equipment ensuring it is in good working order ready for use at all times.
· Support the operation when not on active lifeguard duty, meaning not in position and not scanning the water.
· Attends training sessions as required.
· Be physically fit and able to perform lifesaving techniques as provide by the UAE swimming federation under Red Cross.
· Report for duty on a timely manner.
· Offers service available from Leisure Department and to promotes these services to the guests.
· Maintain the 10/20 rule of lifeguarding while on active lifeguard duty and responds to any situation within the pool and surrounding areas.
· Ensures the pool and surrounding area cleanliness are maintained to a superior level ensuring strict cleanliness in accordance with The Meydan Hotel Health and Safety standards.
· Checks the first aid kit, oxygen unit and other paramedic’s supplies daily.
· Completes the daily checklist in an efficient and cheerful manner.
· Carries out duties & various other tasks as requested by management.
· Provide assistance/support to other departments when needed.
· Participates in any scheduled training programs.
· Assists the other departments within the hotel/resort and undertake any other duties as and when required by the General Manager / Sports & Leisure manager.
· Follows standard operating procedures and policies.
· Performs other duties as requested by superiors as and when required.
· Accepts direction willingly and supports manager’s decision.
· Keeps work area clean and organized.
· Follows safe and healthy work practices.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
· Completed Secondary School education.
· Hold a recognized Lifesaving and First Aid qualification
· Capable to swim 200/45 meters, 3/1.5 meters pick-up bricks/3 minutes underwater swim and 2 minutes treading on the swimming pool.
· CPR and First aid certificate
· Physically fit.
· 1 year in similar position
· Must be an experienced swimmer.
· Previous holder of lifeguard certificate.
· Physically and mentally fit to perform rescues
· People management experience
· Strong orientation towards customer service
· Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
· Effective Communication
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving and decision making
· Leadership skills
· Customer focused
· Team work
· Interpersonal skills
Join a team that is
to create truly unique experiences. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.