Job Title Licensed Aircraft Engineer
The Licensed Aircraft Engineer reports to the Duty Manager and performs all required maintenance activities and certifications in accordance with EY authorization policy. To supervise Aircraft Engineers and Technicians in all aspects of maintenance carried out on aircraft(s) ensuring compliance with all applicable standards and relevant technical data to optimize serviceability of aircraft(s) and support operational schedules.
- Certifies own work and work of others after having verified task has been performed in accordance with approved data within the scope of authorisation.
- Completes all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with current company procedures.
- Carries out maintenance work in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations.
- Ensures that the aircraft effectivity is correct and that the latest revision is being referenced, prior to the use of approved maintenance data.
- Assures that all material, parts tools, equipment and documentation is prepared at the beginning of the shift.
- Assures assigned aircraft are met on arrival and departed by an engineer.
- Ensures that the area around an aircraft for which Etihad Airways is responsible are clear of the hazards associated with Foreign Object Damage (FOD).
- Coordinates his/her maintenance activities on his/her assigned aircraft.
- Provides guidance and assistance to team members to ensure safe and effective working practices.
- Ensures the cleanliness of station facilities.
- Ensures equipment and premises utilised by maintenance staff in a serviceable, clean and safe condition.
- Behaves in a manner which reflects a professional approach when dealing with customers.
- Accepts appropriate training that will enable a more effective contribution.
- Wears equipment provided by the company for health and safety reasons, and to promote the company corporate image, as appropriate.
- Performs inspections as required on GSE and completes the form Ground Support Equipment Checklist - AUH EY (QA269).
- Performs daily inspection of company vehicle before use and completes the form Vehicle Maintenance Inspection (QA258).
- Ensures that all work performed at Etihad and completed in accordance with its processes and procedures is done in a safe manner.
- Familiar with, enforce and follow the procedures stipulated in the Safety & Quality Management Manual (SQMM) and become an active participant in the workplace safety program.
- Encourages colleagues by being actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture.
Education & Experience
- High School leaving Certificate / or Education to university/college degree.
- Valid aircraft maintenance license (UAE GCAA) or EASA or ICAO Convertible to GCAA
- Experience in certifying either of 2 2 Etihad aircraft types (level 3) 787, 350 OR Both
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in aircraft maintenance of which 3 years is in a Line Maintenance environment.
- Extensive experience in Avionics and Electrical systems maintenance
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring Abu Dhabi to the World. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the worlds most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communitiesincluding our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.