Job Title Logistics Associate
Growing your career as a Full Time DXB - DIT Regional Events and Communications Officer, MEaP (AO) is a great opportunity to develop useful skills.
If you are strong in communication, planning and have the right initiative for the job, then apply for the position of DXB - DIT Regional Events and Communications Officer, MEaP (AO) at British Government today!
View Vacancy - DXB - DIT Regional Events and Communications Officer, MEaP (AO)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
Job Subcategory Department for International Trade (DIT)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy Dubai has a vacancy for a Regional Events and Communications Officer under the Department for International Trade (DIT) for a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export and grow into global markets. Our services are provided in over 100 markets throughout the world. We promote British trade across the world and ensures the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. This secures and improves the economic well-being and stability of the UK.
The DIT Middle East and Pakistan (MEaP) region covers eleven markets: the six GCC markets (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain), plus Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Pakistan. To support the UK’s trade and investment objectives in this region, there is a need to deliver regional events that promote the UK offer in trade and investment to local buyers and investors across the region in our priority sectors, as well as UK-facing events aimed at UK exporters. These regional priority sectors include Technology, Cyber Security, Healthcare/ Life Sciences, Education, Food & Drink/ AgriTech, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure & Creative Services, and Financial Services. Each market has a DIT Sector Lead (Trade Advisor); some sectors also have a Regional Sector Lead (e.g., Cyber Security and Renewable Energy). The goal is to use events to promote trade and investment with the UK but also to connect buyers with suppliers and investors with investment opportunities.
The main purpose of this role will be to deliver and support regional DIT MEaP events that are virtual or live, and to own and deliver on DIT MEaP’s social media strategy, primarily Twitter and LinkedIn. DIT’s event formats include webinars, roundtable meetings, networking receptions, meet-the-buyer sessions (live or virtual), and senior-level dinners. The jobholder will also create programmes for visiting colleagues, in collaboration with the UAE team.
Because the UAE is a regional hub for the Middle East, many of the big regional trade shows are located here (e.g., Arab Health, GESS, Big 5, Gulfood, etc.). Some of DIT’s events will be linked to or in the periphery of the large trade shows, and some will be stand-alone. The jobholder will also be expected to support DIT teams in smaller markets with the delivery of their virtual events.
The role is based in Dubai, within the DIT MEaP Regional Team, and reports into the Regional Head of Communication and Marketing. Whilst based in Dubai, the jobholder will be required to visit the Embassy in Abu Dhabi if they are working on a large regional event that is taking place there. Some out-of-hours work (weekend/ evening) may be expected.
Duties and responsibilities:
Deliver DIT MEaP’s regional events, working with the relevant stakeholders, speakers, and suppliers
The jobholder will take the lead on all regional DIT events (and support on some in-market/ single market events) and manage them from start to finish. This will include working closely with the relevant sector lead(s) at Post or at DIT HQ in London to understand their objectives and requirements, and then leading on the recruitment, logistics, and delivery of the event. This includes running the DIT MEaP annual regional conference, UK events such as the GCC Roadshow, events in the margins of the region’s large trade shows, and events for smaller markets in MEaP with no event resource.
- In the case of virtual events , the jobholder will need to become an expert in one or more of the online platforms used for DIT webinars, such as MS Teams or Webex, as well as the Aventri event hosting platform.
- In the case of live events , the jobholder will work with the relevant Embassy Event Manager if held on site, or, if off-site, with suppliers such as hotels, other event venues, caterers, event partners, etc. to deliver the event. This will include booking and paying for meeting rooms, organising catering, and ensuring the rooms are set up properly with the relevant tech support.
- For both virtual and live events, the jobholder will create and send out invitations, manage RSVPs, and promote the events on social media. The jobholder will need to draft the relevant message and social media assets for the right audience and social media channel and use Hootsuite to programme the social media posts in advance and get the necessary approvals.
- The jobholder will need to liaise with and coordinate effectively with the speakers (often senior C-suite customers), providing clear instructions, and organising a dry run session where needed.
- The jobholder will manage the running of the event on the day. This includes ensuring the content is presented effectively (e.g., projection/ technology is working if live; making sure the slides are visible and shared properly if online) and that the attendees are checked against the guest list/ list of registrants.
- The jobholder will work to ensure the correct branding is deployed at the event, and that the assets are relevant and engaging for the audience. This also includes managing the set-up of the room and installing the brand assets and collateral if a live event. For virtual events, it is about ensuring the slides and any backdrops use the right branding.
- The jobholder will manage the post-event tasks, ensuring that participants receive the relevant follow up and the speakers are thanked. All leads to be captured and the event is to be evaluated with any learnings taken forward and applied to the next event.
Lead social media for DIT MEaP
The jobholder will also lead DIT MEaP’s efforts in growing our social media following and engagement. This will include:
- Produce and deliver DIT MEaP’s social media strategy.
- Create and produce relevant content aimed at buyers and investors in the MEaP region, as well as UK-facing content for HQ channels when required.
- Work with DIT HQ in London to ensure the content is of a high quality.
- Work with MEaP teams in market to ensure there is a wide range of content from the markets.
Support internal and external communications efforts for DIT MEaP
- Compile positive stories from markets to create case studies of success.
- Draft content for press releases, quotes for senior stakeholders, content for promotional material.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key behaviours required:
- Communicating and Influencing - Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
Applications will only be considered from those who are currently residing in the UAE and with a current and valid UAE resident visa . Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their UAE resident visa/ Emirates ID as part of their application.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience in business event management, planning, and logistics for both live and virtual events, ideally in a B2B or G2B environment.
- Experience managing and growing B2B or G2B social media channels.
- Expertise in using online/ virtual meeting platforms.
- Native/ Near native level of communication skills in English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication. Ability to draft high-quality copy.
- An understanding of marketing and branding.
- Proven record of organisational ability. Ability to prioritise and organise own workload and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining attention to detail and without compromising the quality of the work.
- Ability to work independently, apply initiative, problem solve and work under pressure to meet multiple and changing priorities, deadlines and objectives.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement across all levels. Experience in working in large, complex environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrates high level of professionalism.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with customers and other stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills and well versed in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
16 September 2022
Grade Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week 38
Duration of Post 36 months
Region Middle East & North Africa
Country/Territory United Arab Emirates
Location (City) Dubai
Type of Post British Embassy
Number of vacancies 1
Salary Currency AED
Start Date 14 November 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 11,363 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The Embassy is open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week (including breaks), and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time.
The successful candidate should be flexible in their approach to hours worked, as there will be some work out of hours (evening/ weekend) during events and visits. Whilst based in Dubai, the successful candidate will be required to visit the Embassy in Abu Dhabi if they are working on a large regional event that is taking place there. Flexible working arrangements may be considered based on operational requirements and agreement with the line manager, and in line with FCDO and Embassy policies.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must include 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a copy of UAE resident visa; 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours and skills required.
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Please include any links to your online portfolio or to relevant samples of your work in your CV/ cover letter, if appropriate.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 UAE local time on 16 September 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted. Any assessments and/ or interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
● Excellent benefits
● Company offers career progression opportunities
● Attractive package