Job Title HR & Admin Officer
Growing your career as a Full Time Director of Sales & Distribution is an awesome opportunity to develop useful skills.
If you are strong in project management, creativity and have the right initiative for the job, then apply for the position of Director of Sales & Distribution at today!
Job Number 22165032
Sales & Marketing
The Ritz-Carlton Dubai International Financial Centre, DIFC off Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
VIEW ON MAP
The Director of Sales & Distribution functions as the Sales and Distribution business leader for the hotel, and is responsible for property sales, and revenue management and reservation sales. As a member of the Hotel Guidance Team, the Director of Sales & Marketing develops and implements hotel–wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the Ritz Carlton guests and employees, and provides a return on investment to the owner and the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company LCC. The position has overall responsibility for achieving revenue goals, guest and employee satisfaction and the financial performance of the department.
Effectively manages multiple disciplines under sales and distribtuion and develops and executes integrated strategies in direct sales, and revenue management and reservations to continually drive total hotel profitable revenue, grow market share, improve employee and guest loyalty, maximize profitability, and strengthen The Ritz-Carlton brand.
Key Success Factors:
Customer Loyalty : Acts as the customer expert and customer advocate at the hotel.
- Ensures sales and distribution information provided to the operations departments is timely, accurate and enables property to meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty and grow market share.
- Ensures execution in all sales and distributoi processes and continually focuses on improving guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the service experience delivered by Sales & Distribution meets or exceeds guest expectations, creates customer loyalty, enhances the Ritz-Carlton Mystique and help grow market share.
- Leads direct reports in executing The Gold Standards and continually focuses on improving guest satisfaction.
Revenue : Focuses on building total hotel revenue by developing and executing against a sales strategy in all revenue producing areas in the hotel.
- Develops and implements a sales strategy to effectively manage all the different sales channels; utilizes on-property sales resources and leverages all above property sales engines to deliver results. Ensures the development of a strategic account plans for the demand generators in the market. Deploys sales team against appropriate market segments.
- Leads revenue management efforts for the property managing on property team and leveraging corporate revenue management resources to ensure proper pricing, appropriate transient and group mix and implementation of sales strategy. Changes sales strategy to address fluctuating market and economic conditions. Ensures demand forecasting and sound revenue practices are in place to maximize yield Develop and execute a marketing strategy to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- Positions and markets the property to remain a market leader. Manages property marketing budget and leverages corporate marketing resources to develop hotel specific marketing campaigns, advertising, collateral, etc. to maximize revenue generation and obtain a high return on investment
- Leads Public Relations efforts for the hotel by managing on property team and leveraging corporate public relations resources to develop and execute a public relation strategy that is aligned with the overall sales and marketing strategy and is designed to help drive total hotel profitable revenue, build long-term customer loyalty and protect and enhance the brand.
- Directs the daily activities of Sales & Marketing according to Ritz-Carlton operating standards to ensure brand integrity.
- Sets expectation and holds the sales & disgtribtuion team accountable for implementing The Ritz-Carlton brand strategy and initiatives.
- Proactively positions and markets the property to strengthen The Ritz-Carlton brand image.
- Ensures sales & marketing leadership team selects, develops and retains a diverse and highly talented hourly and management workforce that makes a strong positive impact on the organization.
- As well, selects leaders who demonstrate strong functional expertise, are capable of delivering the expected performance contributions and have growth potential.
- Effectively manages performance through the Leadership Performance Process (LPP), builds team synergy and embraces and enlivens The Employee Promise on a daily basis to enable business success.
- Develops and manages the Sales & Distribution annual operating budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations.
- Ensures a successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the LLC.
- Develops a trusting and effective business partnership with the property owners by understanding the management contract and the owner's expectations, and providing accurate and relevant information on revenue generating strategies and results.
…applies broad business knowledge and balances both a short- and long-term perspective to generate strategies while leading the organization to achieve them.
- Develops a Sales & Distribution strategy for the hotel that is aligned with Ritz-Carlton’s business strategy, proactively identifying opportunities to increase profits and create value without compromising guest or employee satisfaction. Implement and support Corporate Sales, Distribution, and Revenue strategies and integrate regional initiatives at the property level.
- Builds support for and champions the accomplishment of key Ritz-Carlton organizational objectives and brand initiatives. Lives The Ritz-Carlton philosophy and emphasizes the importance of the company’s values on a daily basis. Participates in daily line-up, energizes The Gold Standards and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- As a strategic business thinker, evaluates data and trends, identifies changing market conditions and makes decisions based on data, and utilize a ROI approach to maximize revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market for the hotel.
- Knows business and the business. Knowledgeable about the competition and customer trends. Represents the customer needs to the rest of the hotel, and constantly identify and communicate potential new revenue opportunities to the hotel executive team influencing the development of plans to tap those opportunities.
- Uses data (STAR report, shop scores, etc.) and other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position. Researches competitor’s strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Identifies innovative ideas and proactively develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share introducing appropriate changes in sales and marketing strategy to meet and exceed customer expectations. Foster innovation and calculated risk-taking, even in the face of opposition, to support growth while protecting the brand
- Partners with other members of the guidance team to develop a comprehensive distribution plan and sales strategy to maximize total hotel revenue and profitability
- Encourages sales and distribution team to set and exceed challenging objectives. Takes calculated risks to move the department forward.
- Responsible for all reports and implementing new systems (i.e. Delphi and upgrades)
- Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental vision and goals to produce desired results.
- Demonstrates business ethics and personal integrity (i.e., is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual).
- Lives The Employee Promise by supporting decisive actions taken by employees who pursue important Ritz-Carlton organizational objectives, even if such actions are not completely successful.
- Differentiates between management and leadership responsibilities and applies corresponding action to maximize effectiveness and achieve desired results (e.g. controlling vs. inspiring or empowering).
- Leads cost containment efforts within Sales & Distribtuion such as contingency planning and restructuring when necessary.
…eliminates insular thinking by fostering a positive climate for work relationships and teams committed to achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
- Proactively develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external key stakeholder groups.
- Works with operations department heads to ensure sales and marketing strategies are aligned with the overall hotel plan. Balances the interests of the sales and marketing group with the interests of the rest of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire Sales & Distribution team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Is highly visible and interfaces with customers including meeting planners on a daily basis to obtain feedback on sales effort, service levels and overall satisfaction and to build long-term customer relationships. Effectively responds to and resolves guest problems and complaints in a timely manner.
- Effectively manages communication with owners maintaining regular dialogue and providing Sales & Disgtribution updates and presentation of yearly marketing plans and hotel business plan. Participates in owners meetings, demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities; proactively addresses areas of concern and proposes solutions to owners. Promotes and sells ideas persuasively to owners for stimulating business opportunities, improving service, and increasing revenue.
- Builds effective working relationship with the rest of the property management team, regional and corporate groups, external customers, partners and vendors. Effectively leverages resources outside of own area
- Develops strong community relations. Networks in the local market, in the industry and professional organizations. Participates in tourism and convention organizations. Ensures departmental participation in community service events to build teamwork and enhance community relationships (e.g., Community Clean-up Day, visits to senior citizens homes and homeless shelters).
- Builds relationship with Marriott International and their distribution networks and market sales and revenue teams where applicable.
- Shares relevant information to help others understand and support business objectives.
- Encourages others to share their points of view even if different from his/her own. Utilizes the different perspectives of team members to their fullest extent to achieve business success.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures recognition occurs throughout the division.
Management Work Execution
…proactively ensures that others have the accountability, authority and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drives for results.
- Accomplishes desired results by setting priorities and effectively managing the execution through people and processes, using reliable tools, influencing the larger organization, and leveraging resources and other parts of the organization.
- Translates strategy into specific business actions and individual accountabilities that achieve results. Identifies and communicates key drivers of business success and keeps Sales & Distribution leadership focused on critical priorities to achieve results
- Assigns clear accountability to team members, and monitor implementation to assure success and accountability for results. Sets expectations and holds sales & marketing leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired behaviors and results as outlined in the sales & marketing basics. Observes behaviors of employees and provides timely feedback to individuals and/or leaders; continuously focuses on improving service performance.
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes in place that support the execution of the sales & marketing strategy. Develops and uses systems and processes to organize and keep track of information. Uses technology to professionally communicate and influence throughout the organization.
- Empowers employees to produce excellent results. Conducts training and establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters of empowerment.
- Establishes and builds agreement among team/department members for resource requirements, timeliness and measures of success.
- Ensurese customer’s expectations are met or exceeded from beginning to end of the sales experience. Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results, and other data to identify areas of improvement. Reviews findings with sales & marketing team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken. Creates an atmosphere in all sales & marketing areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations and enhances The Ritz-Carlton Mystique.
- Participates in meeting planner site visits or inspections and instructs sales & marketing team to do the same. As appreciate attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs; set appropriate expectations and obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction; communicates critical information to areas of responsibility.
- Makes key decisions to keep the operation running smoothly sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process; consults Human Resources as necessary. Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and ensures staff can do the same.
- Is knowledgeable of all the sales & distribution related contracts and ensures compliance with contract and reporting requirements. Negotiates contracts with retailers, service vendors and other contractors to obtain agreements that are beneficial for the property in accordance with SOPs.
…proactively identifies and develops talent within the organization.
- Hires, retains and develops diverse, high- caliber talent that makes a strong positive impact on the organization
- Anticipates future talent needs based on business growth plans and existing tale nt. Identifies potential candidates in the local market for future hires.
- Selects sales & marketing leadership team members with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the hotel, ensuring “the right people are placed in the right positions”. Uses approved selection tools and processes to select talent (e.g. Quality Selection Process (QSP), assessment interview, reference checking, etc.).
- Maintains high performance levels in the department by placing the right people in the right jobs, coaching & developing them, and stepping forward to address performance issues. Identifies future leaders within the hotel organization and create a structured plan for them to achieve their goals.
- Is knowledgeable of leadership talent in the sales & marketing area; leverages the unique talents of each individual. Identifies resources to meet the business needs, strengthen the team and plan for future open positions.
- Sets “SMART” goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP). Coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance. Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout department to communicate priorities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
- Creates appropriate career development plans and develops team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Ensures the same is done for all leaders in sales & distribution.
- Ensures new hires participate in orientation program and that all sales and marketing employees receive the appropriate technical and leadership training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures service, technical skills and leadership training occurs throughout the department; ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the Ritz Carlton mission, vision and credo and the Employee Promise, in which employees can perform at their best to enable business success.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members
…actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning; demonstrates depth of knowledge in technical or specialized area.
- Seeks and welcomes feedback. Takes action to enhance performance based on experiences & coaching. Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance.
- Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs all technical/procedural requirements of the job.
- Identifies and analyzes operational challenges including financial issues and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence; focuses on underlying processes. Uses processes such as the 6 Step and 9 Step quality improvement processes to make sustainable improvements.
- Researches and analyzes new products and pricing and services of competition
- Shares and incorporates learnings, innovations and best practices to enable property to remain competitive.
- Uses strong technical expertise and understanding of global and local economy and their potential impact on the business to devise strategies to grow hotel revenue.
- Uses the STAR report, competitive shopping and other resources to maintain awareness of the hotel’s market position. Researches competitor strategies to identify ways to increase market share and maximize revenue.
Seeks out others for information, support, guidance and assistance as necessaryMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
● Learning opportunities
● Opportunities to grow
● Competitive salary